We begin this tour at the main City market which was opened in 1904, where tropical fruits, vegetables, spices and fresh fish from the island are sold. Our next stop will be at the Anglican Church of Christ built by Bishop Steers in 1873 on the site where slaves were being auctioned.
Other highlights on our historical stone town tour are a visit to
* Sultan's Palace Museum - Built in the late 1890's for members of the Royal Sultan's family.
* House of Wonders - Built in 1883 as a Royal ceremonial function Palace
* The Africa House formerly known as English Club.
* Jamituri Gardens where you can spend your evenings leisurely watching the brilliant sunset while enjoying the locally made dishes.
* Visit of The Old Fort – Built by Arabs for defense against the Portuguese.