1. Limitations on use: this web site is owned and operated by African Horizons and is for the user's personal, noncommercial use. In using it, you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, display, broadcast, circulate, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or commercially exploit, in any way, any information, content, documents, graphics, software, products or services ("Materials") obtained from this site, except that the user may view the site content in its present form and the user may download on any single computer one (1) copy of the Materials for personal, noncommercial home use. The user must, however, keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. The use of any Materials on any other web site or networked computer environment is expressly prohibited. The user recognizes that unauthorized use of this web site content may subject the user to civil or criminal liability.
2. The Materials and the site are the property of African Horizons and are protected by local copyright law and international copyright treaties. In using the site, you agree to comply with reasonable requests by African Horizons to protect its contractual, statutory and common law rights as to the Materials. Notwithstanding copyright protection of individual elements appearing on this web site, the site is protected by copyright law as a collective work and/or compilation. You agree to abide by any and all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in this site. Permission to use the copyrighted content of this site for commercial purposes must be obtained through the prior written consent of African Horizons, which may withhold its consent for use of the copyrighted content for commercial purposes and will strictly enforce its intellectual property rights under the copyright laws.
3. This web site is protected under local trademark law. The trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, product names and company names (the "trademarks") appearing on this site being registered and unregistered trademarks of African Horizons. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, product names and company names on this site are the property of their respective owners. Under no circumstances should anything appearing on this site be construed as granting by implication, any form of license or authorization to use, reproduce or distribute the trademarks displayed on this site. Licenses to use trademarks appearing on this site may be obtained only with African Horizons prior written consent, which may be withheld. Misuse of trademarks or any Materials comprising this web site is strictly prohibited. By using this web site, you agree to abide by any and all trademark and service mark notices, information or restrictions contained on the site. Any copied or downloaded content must retain all trademark and service mark notices. African Horizons will strictly enforce its intellectual property rights under the trademark laws.
4. The Materials published on this site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. African Horizons does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Materials in this site in terms of their correctness, completeness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
5. African Horizons makes no representations or warranties about the site, or the suitability of the Materials contained on it, for any purpose. The web site and the Materials are offered on an ‘as is' basis. There is no warranty of merchantability, no warranty of the fitness for a particular purpose, no warranty of title, non-infringement or any other warranty (express or implied). African Horizons makes no warranty or guaranty that the site or the Materials are error-free, that they will be uninterrupted or that they will be corrected. Nor does African Horizons make any warranty, express or implied, that it will be responsible for any damage incurred to your hardware, software, data, or property that may result from the use of the site or the Materials contained in it: by virus, worm, Trojan horse, computer code or programming device transmitted through the website or the materials or any portion of this site. African Horizons makes no representations or warranties that its web site and/or its server are free of computer viruses or any other harmful codes, devices or technologically related entities.
6. Under no circumstances will the African Horizons or its affiliates or their respective officers, directors, equity holders, agents or employees be liable to you or anyone else for consequential, incidental, special punitive, direct or indirect damages or losses (including but not limited to lost profits and/or damages that may result from accuracy, completeness, timelines or inconvenience, delay, transmission error unauthorized use or unavailability of the web site) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of this site or the Materials, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if African Horizons has been advised of such damages or losses.
7. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold African Horizons and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, equity holders, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees incurred by African Horizons in connection with your violation of a third party's rights) arising from or related to your use of this site, or your violation of these terms of service or any third party's rights.
8. This web site may contain links to third-party web sites. The links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not an endorsement by African Horizons with regard to the content contained in such third-party web sites. African Horizons does not control or guaranty the accuracy or integrity of the content located on linked third-party web sites, nor will it be responsible or assume any liability for the information, content or software of linked third-party web sites; or make any representations regarding the content, quality, safety or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
11. This agreement is only assignable by the African Horizons.
The protection of your privacy is important to us
The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us. Therefore, we wish to assure you of the fact that we do not share your personal information in any ways that are not disclosed in our privacy statement, r without your informed permission. We value your trust very highly, and we strive to protect the confidentiality and appropriate use of any personal information you provide to us.
The kind of personal information we may collect from you
We will only collect such personal information as you choose to voluntarily divulge to us during your use of our website. Such information will allow us to process your travel bookings and will include such things as your name, telephone number, date of birth, residential or business address, email address, age range and gender. The collection of such information will allow us to protect your confidentiality by verifying your identity.
In addition, your business with us is valued and we may use the record of your stay to send you via postal mail or email, communications such as guest surveys or promotional offers and benefits. You may "opt-out" or choose to be excluded from these communications by contacting our customer service department.
Information collection in relation to children
Our web site does not intentionally solicit or collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 and would like to use our web site, please ask a parent or guardian for assistance.
How do we collect your personal information?
When you place a booking with us, we request your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date. We use this information to process and fulfill your booking. This data is stored in data bases protected from intrusion and unauthorized viewing by commercially available software products we purchase in good faith from third party suppliers, and you do not have to re-enter it with each visit to our web site. It is also used to recognize you as a repeat customer so that we may offer you additional benefits.
We also collect certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our web sites. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer's operating system, browser type and the address of a referring Web site, if any. We collect this information to enhance the quality of your experience during your visit to our site and will not sell or rent this information to any third parties. We also use various web site analytics tools and technologies regarding activities on our web site that require storage of web session data. The overall aim of these tools is to aid in making the website easy to use and to proactively identify and correct error conditions. These tools and technologies are also used to assist web site visitors who report problems in the use of our website. Stored web session data is never sold or rented to third parties and is purged when these purposes have been fulfilled.
How we use your personal information
Information we collect on our web sites may be used to enhance your experience in the following ways:
• To confirm your reservations
• To request your evaluation of your travel with us
• To send you emails that relate to your travel with us
• To process credit card payments
• To respond to your customer-service enquiries or requests
• To communicate special offers and featured items to you.
Note: you can decline to accept such email correspondence at any time: simply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When and with whom we share your personal information
We ONLY share your personal customer information with our travel representatives and our trusted service providers and contractors. Such sharing will ONLY be in the interests of fulfilling customer reservations; offering certain products and services in connection with our web site; communicating to customers via email; providing customer service; enhancing and improving customers' online experience; enabling access to our partners' sites; providing a personalized online experience; and completing credit card transactions. We also guarantee that all such third parties have agreed to comply with our privacy policies.
Aside from the purposes described above, we do not share your personal information with any other third parties unless we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or our property. We do, however, reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our business entity. We may also share aggregated demographic and statistical information in the course of our business with certain third parties. This sharing does not include any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Links to other sites
Please note that our site may offer links to other sites, and that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own. We advise you to check the privacy policies of other Web sites before disclosing any personal information. In any event, please note that these sites do not share your personal information with us.
How we protect the security of your personal information
In our efforts to protect your personal data, we use generally accepted standards for safeguards including administrative, technical and physical measures. Additional safeguards are in place for sensitive personal data. These safeguards are continually updated and maintained by qualified information security professionals.
If you choose to receive periodic communications from us, we may from time to time send you email messages describing new promotions, featured hotels and special offers. You can choose to stop receiving these emails at any time. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may discontinue at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" feature included on each email message.
Right of access to data
You have a right of access to your data by sending a written request to: email@example.com
We reserve the right to change, modify or amend this policy at any time. However, if there are changes made to the use of users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days.
African Horizons - East African Safari & Travel